Sure, plants look nice—but they also have a lot of benefits beyond simply looking good, which is one of the reasons we celebrate National Indoor Plant Week each year.
On Tuesday, September 17th, Engledow employees handed out 2,000 Neanthe Belle Palms (Parlor Palms) on the south steps of the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument in downtown Indianapolis with the goal of educating people on the many health, wellness, and workplace benefits that plants provide. Benefits like:
- Filtering mold, bacteria, and dust from the air
- Spurring creativity in the workplace
- Reducing off-gassing levels of harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde, nitrogen dioxide, benzene, and carbon dioxide
- Improving productivity and employee morale
- Acting as natural barriers to reduce office noise and distractions
- Reducing absenteeism due to illness from sick building syndrome
- Creating a positive first impression with visitors
“The day was a huge success. We could not have asked for better weather and all 2,000 plants were distributed within a couple of hours. It was amazing to see how much joy these little plants brought to people as they walked away,” said Jim Engledow, president of Engledow Group. “Beyond all of the documented benefits, plants just make you feel better.”
National Indoor Plant Week is a grassroots effort that was established to raise awareness of the many benefits that indoor plants provide. And as a company that’s invested in the plant industry, we think this week provides a unique opportunity to get face-to-face with the community and to share our passion for plants.
Free plants and a healthier, happier workplace? It doesn’t get much better than that. Thanks to all who came out to make this year’s National Indoor Plant Week event a success and be sure to check out our photo album of the event on Facebook!
Click here to view Parlor Palm care instructions.